Monday, April 4, 2011

Ankle Update

Swelling is down but still there, and most of the discoloration has left. I did go to the hospital after work today to have some x-rays done. My doctor believes that I probably fractured the fibula in my left leg. It has been 10 days since I have run on it and it is starting to drive me mad I tell you.

With the free time that I have found since being injured I have volunteered at two local raced, the Fools 50K and 25K Race, and the Kent State Black Squirrel 5K. Different types of runners at each but both looked like excellent races. If you were at the Fools Race, I was working the aid station near Pine Hollow from 6:30AM till about 4:30PM.  I did manage to take a couple of hundred photos some of which I have posted in a public album on Facebook, the others I will forward to the race director.

The Black Squirrel Race was thankfully shorter, but for a first time event was very well put together. I took about 400 photos at that event those are being given to the race director this week. That will be a race that I plan on doing next year. Heck, that was a race that I planned on running this year (I love inaugural races). 

Well, hopefully the x-rays come back clear and I will just have to wait until the swelling is completely gone. And then I can get back to this activity that we call running, but a lot of people call punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment